marți, 12 noiembrie 2013

Thank you!

I am writing this in order to express everything I couldn’t in my previous poem, and  those who know her and have read the poem have figured that I have a lot more to say. I know I will probably overwhelm her and I promised that I would stop doing that, that I would try to find a balance, but the heart gets what the heart wants, and the heart wants to express itself in writing. I cannot mess with my heart’s desires, especially because it has been so kind to me and showed me all these awesome feelings. So here it goes.

Thank you for being you. I know, that’s so cliché for me to say, but it’s the truth. Thank you for being the awesome person that you are. Thank you for letting me know you and thank you for who you really are. I know that it was hard for you to open up the way you did with me, and I feel blessed that I inspired you the trust to do that. Thank you for appreciating me and for making me feel alive. Your kind words have touched my soul and imprinted themselves like a tattoo on a soft skin.

Thank you for sharing with me your life’s story. That made me not take things for granted anymore, especially my health. You have impressed me with your strength in the face of adversity and the way you turned what it could have been a horrible experience into a river of happiness and joy has left me speechless. You are one of the kindest, selfless persons I have ever known and I never thought that someone like you could exist.

The way you see the good in every person mesmerizes me. I cannot imagine how big your heart must be in order to love every single person the way you do. But it also concerns me, I hope you don’t forget about yourself too, because if you love everybody, who will love you? First you need to learn to love yourself. No more bullshit about not being  worth it, or not  having luck finding someone. You will find someone. You will find that person that will love you for who you are, that will understand the greatness of your spirit, that will give you back your wings and help you fly. Only then you will understand completely what happiness is. It’s the way he looks at your morning face and thinks “God, this is your most beautiful creature among all”. It’s the way he touches your skin and makes your hair rise. It’s the way you feel a knot in your chest when he kisses you.

I understand the happiness you feel when you help someone, I feel it too, it’s one of the reasons to be alive. But I promise, you’ll feel truly liberated when you’ll find true love. You will truly feel invincible and all the problems will go away. But first you have to start thinking about yourself. You have to look in the mirror and say “I’m the prettiest girl I know” without feeling narcissistic about it. You have to understand that in order to fill that spot in your heart, you have to be ready to accept it, without fear of messing it up.

And I might just teach you do that, if you’ll let me. 

0 comentarii: