vineri, 15 noiembrie 2013

Letter to my future self

I always dreamed about being a time traveler. Needless to say I’m a huge Dr. Who fan. Anywhore, I am more curious about the past than the future. I mean, ok, like every living person I wonder what the future will hold, how the world would be in fifty, one hundred, one thousand years from now. Still there’s something about going back that appeals to my curiosity. I guess it’s because of that feeling you get after you go to a place which you haven’t visited in a long time and you are amazed by how much it has changed. You start to draw in your head the way things used to be, trying to figure out what to put where and you get confused. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a good kind of confused, it’s like food for the soul, heat for the heart. I don’t know, maybe it’s just me, but I feel somewhat mesmerized when I look at things that way.

Now that I fucked your brain a little and gotten you confused, it’s time to get down to business. You’re reading this in 2033 and you’re probably wondering who I am. I’m you, dumbass. That much you’ve changed? You can’t even remember how you used to be? Oh don’t tell me you don’t like to write about all kind of stupid stuff that goes through your mind anymore…You probably turned out to be a slave to conformity. Did the modern society eat up the last bit of yourself or what?

I keed, I really have no idea what kind of a person you are. Maybe you finally got your shit together and made a life for yourself. My only wish is that you haven’t forgotten how liberating it is to write. Expressing yourself is a true exercise for the mind and upgrades your thinking. The one thing I’m sure of is the fact that you probably forgot why you wrote this in the first place. I’ll tell you why: it’s because you used to like remembering how things used to be and compare them with how they are right now. Well let me tell you a bit about how things are right now, in 2013.

I rediscovered my passion for writing. I don’t do a great job at it, but it’s a nice way to pass the time and stay in touch with my feelings. I also found that writing in English helps me better express the things I think about. The reason I started writing again is because I feel I have so much to give and nobody to give it to. So I literally started giving it to nobody in particular. I wrote a poem for all the girls in the world that don’t have love in their life. That’s how I met her. My inspiration. The one who jumpstarted my heart. One of the best things that happened in my life. It evolved so fast that in no time I had ideas for a poem just for her. And even more than that. I swear, as I am writing this, using more of my brain than my heart, I find it hard to organize my thoughts. But when I write about her, words have a mind of their own and I’m just the vessel that helps them be brought to life. And after you read this, read the other stuff too and try to remember the way you felt when you were me.

That’s pretty much what’s going on with me right now that deserve to be accounted for. The rest you probably can remember, first year of second college, still unemployed and living with your parents, pretty boring life overall. As a flash news magazine, here are some random stuff:
-          Romania’s football team lost to Greece at the world championship qualification play-offs
-          Your first car has reached 140000 kilometers of use
-          You have a Motorola smartphone that you hate
-          You started shaving your chest again
-          You wanted to have a no-shave November but your mom didn’t agree with that
-          You play the guitar but suck at singing
-          You don’t have a girlfriend
-          You haven’t had sex in three months
-          You haven’t had a serious relationship in three years
-          Your computer is making you insane by breaking apart a lot
-          You haven’t masturbated in a week. Hmm, be right back
-          I’m back. I needed to drink a glass of water, pervert!
-          You started reading again
-          You’re trying to quit smoking (hope you finally succeed)
-          You stopped playing World of Warcraft after six years
-          Your first niece is sixteen months old
-          You’re anxious about meeting that girl for the first time in real life


That’s pretty much it. Don’t know anything else to say. Tell your son, or daughter, or both that I love them. I hope you become the person you always wanted to be and that you enjoyed reading this. Oh and I hope you’re still alive.